The results of treatments of in excess of 3000 horses have been extremely positive.
The results from horses treated for tendon and ligament injuries have been extremely encouraging with more than 75% of treated horses returning to work at the prior level. Almost all trainers and owners of horses have reported either complete ‘cures’ or a very substantial improvement in the injuries being treated.
In clinical studies:-
Suspensory ligament injury:-
- 76% of horses returned to full work at the prior level.( (47/62)
- 83.4% of horses returned to work
- 56.7% (34/60) returned to full work at prior level
- 26.7% (16/60) returned to full work at a reduced level.3
- 94% of horses returned to work
- 77% (51/66) returned to full work at prior leve
- 17% (11/66) returned to full work at a reduced level.37)
AJVR, Vol 69, No. 7, July 2008
Trial Data and Results:
Nevertheless, not all horses will necessarily respond to AVSC cell therapy. Horse owners should discuss appropriateness of treatment for their horses, potential outcomes, and a comprehensive treatment plan (together with associated costs) with their veterinarian prior to treatment.