The results of initial treatments on approximately 8000 animals (internationally) have been extremely positive.
In regard to osteo-arthritis, veterinarians in Australia report that approximately 96% of dogs treated with ‘pure' cultured stem cells have seen an improvement in their condition (quality of life) – with approximately 60% of dogs showing a substantial improvement.
- Approximately 80% of owners of dogs treated for arthritis with the more ‘simpler’ stem cell mixture (Stromal Vascular Fraction- ‘SVF’) reported an improvement in the quality of life of their dogs.
- AJVR- Double Blinded Stem Cell Tendon Study
- AJVR, Vol 69, No. 7, July 2008
- Suspensory ligament injury: 76% (47/62) returned to full work at the prior level.4
- Joint disease: 56.7% (34/60) returned to full work at prior level and 26.7% (16/60) returned to full work at a reduced level.3
- Tendon Injury: 77% (51/66) returned to full work at prior level and 17% (11/66) returned to full work at a reduced level.37
Nevertheless, not all animals will necessarily respond to AVSC cell therapy. Pet and horse owners should discuss appropriateness of treatment for their animal including potential complications of surgery, potential outcomes, a comprehensive treatment plan and associated costs with their veterinarian prior to treatment.